Monday, July 19, 2010

Sweet dreams are made of this...


We have our girl.  She is everything and more.  She is beautiful and has such a sweet little soul.   Let me just start at the beginning.  We met our guide at 8:45am and took a 10 minute ride to the Federal Building.  We went up the second floor where I heard the bustle of crying babies, and I assumed that was where we were heading.  We open the door and sitting on a chair was Li Xin Wa, our Mali.  She looked at me and I at her, and then the tears started, not for her...for me.  We had to sign some official paperwork before we could get to the introduction.  She sat in a big office chair eating a rice cracker two-fisted.  While I was signing my half of the paperwork, Mark got the cup of "baby crack" (Gerber Puffs) and started to feed her.  She loved them!  When I was done signing 800 pieces of paper I was able to go over to her.  I gently started patting her hand and saying hello in Chinese.  She was looking at me with those big brown eyes and I just lost my self in her and could not keep the tears from flowing.  I didn't want to scare her so I dried my eyes and began to play with her.  She is a brave little girl.  She drove down from a midnight train and still had the energy to play and not be too scared.  She and Mark hit it of right off the bat.  He being the giver of "baby crack" and all, he is the man.  She only cried a few times when another little girl started crying who was having a hard time leaving her caregiver.  Mark was able to hold her on his lap while I administered the goods, and we even got a few little smiles and chuckles out of her.  We finished up all the paperwork and it was time to leave.  She is a bit on the timid side and does not like new things.  The car ride back to the hotel was a little too much for her; good thing it was only 15 minutes.  Once back at the hotel the tears set in.  New people, new smells, new enviornment was a bit overwhelming for her.  I gave her a quick bath and changed her into some clean jammies and we began feeding her some formula and bananas.  She LOVES bananas!  We did a little playing and every 15 minutes or so she realizes she is in a strange place and the tears set in.  She is grieving and it is heartbreaking.  I walked her around the room until she fell asleep.  She is beautifully resting away right now.

Of course we left the battery to the camera back at the hotel so all we were able to get was Flip video.

21 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS!!! I am so happy for you all! She is beautiful and looks perfect sitting on your lap.

    I was getting goose bumps reading this. I can't wait to hear/read more about all that is happening!

    Congrats again on your expanded family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy tears - sweet, delicious happy tears for you all. Seeing your daughter in your loving arms has literally made my summer. I'll be back again and again to savor this scrumptious family. love love love to you three, and to her big brothers waiting at home. xxxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh HI lil' Mali!! Happy Hugs to the sweet family - big love, you. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! She's just delicious and I couldn't be happier for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful ... simply beautiful. Thank you for allowing us to follow along. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, you made me tear up too. She is so sweet. You two gentle souls are the perfect parents for her. I'm so happy for all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh My Gosh she is sooo precious. I am already so in love w/ her and cannot wait to meet me neice. Love the Pics of her playing and eating treats..
    I love you guys soooo much..
    cyt

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my, I am crying so hard! I am so excited and happy for you!! Can't wait til you get home. So glad I can post, didn't know I could!

    ReplyDelete
  9. lisa, i am shedding tears quite literally as i type this. i am overwhelmed for you. overwhelmed. what an important, difficult, perfect day. my joy is overflowing for you. and i remember so well that same grief that E experienced and i'm so glad miss Mali is doing the same. it's such a good sign.

    she is one stunning, brave, beautiful girl.

    blessings, many blessings, for the rest of your journey. love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  10. congratulations. she is beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so happy for your family! And you know me, had to get the box of tissue the moment I saw her as I read your post. It makes me feel like I am right there with you. Enjoy every moment! Can't wait so meet her. Marina

    ReplyDelete
  12. So happy for you all. She is just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Tears of happiness in my eyes for you. She is stunning. But I also have to tell you that the pics took my breath away because she looks to me like she could be Sunshine's sister, right down to the rosy lips and the pout. The joy on your face is so evident. You've got your little girl! Yippee!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love it! So happy for you and the family. Glad she will get a bit more used to you guys before the big journey home! I love the updates and can stare at her all day long, as I'm sure you are doing too. Can't wait to meet her.

    ReplyDelete
  15. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lisa I am so happy for you! She is gorgeous and you glow in those pictures girl!!! Wishing you the best on the rest of your journey!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations, your daughter is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am so so happy for you! What a momentous day! She is beautiful.

    Keep smilin!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations! She is a beautiful little blessing to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a sweet, precious little girl.

    Best Wishes on your journey.

    Calamity 4e from the RQ site

    ReplyDelete
  20. She is wonderful! Congratulations Lisa on your beautiful and sweet girl.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is all SO familiar...giving me major flashbacks. It kills me how worried and confused they are at this moment...and yet they rebound so fast and with such strength. Can't wait to see her thrive!! Congrats, family!!

    ReplyDelete