Thursday, July 22, 2010

July 22, 2010

Hangzhou: LingYin Temple, Jade Market and Silk Factory
Today we had a free day, finally!  We took full advantage and hit the ground running to do some sightseeing in Hangzhou.  The first stop we made was to the LingYin Temple.  This is the most famous Temple in all of Zhejiang Province.  It is absolutely beautiful.  I am so glad we had a chance to visit.  Our guide, Savor explained all of the different statues and their unique history.  My favorite story is the story of the Monkey King, I would go into it, but it is late and I am beat so it would probably sound like an episode of South Park if I tried to re-tell it.  Next we went to a Jade Market where Mali got her first piece of Jade, and Mommy picked up a little jade for herself too.  Oh, and the owner who personally took us on a tour around his store and gave us a lesson on jade, said at the end of our visit that I was sexy!  After the Jade market my sexy self and my crew headed on over to the Silk Factory and saw how silk is made.  I bought a silk duvet and 3 dresses for Mali.  We were worn out and came back to our hotel for a nap and dinner of noodles and beer.  Tomorrow we head to Guangzhou.  Wish us luck on our first plane ride with Miss Mali.

See you in Guangzhou!

9 comments:

  1. thank you for more picturesss. love her smile. and love the man purse uncle markkk

    ReplyDelete
  2. our temple visit in GZ was my fave. and the story of the Monkey King is amazing. there is an anime i've watched that is based on it. i think? was it an anime? now i can't remember. but anyway. love that story too.

    awesome photos. how's miss mali doing? think of you everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How Lisa how wonderful you all look! You Miss Thang very sexy indeed! Hope you have a wonderful time in GZ! Soon you will be home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can get the Monkey King here at home-in print and on video. I've used it to teach world cultures. Great story!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sending California Love and big ol' smiles...xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are halfway onto your trip home. I hope the flight goes well and we'll soon see you sipping Starbucks from GZ.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE seeing pics of China! Soak it all in!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a great day Sexy Lisa!
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. If you are into temples, there is an INCREDIBLE one in Guangzhou - the Guangxiao Temple.

    ReplyDelete