Thursday, July 29, 2010

July 28, 2010

Well, we are winding down on our trip in China.  We leave tomorrow.  We are SO ready to come home.  As much as we have lovedour time here we are craving normalcy and a routine for our Mali.  She is doing MARVELOUS!  She wakes up smiley and happy.  She has quite a thing for her daddy and only goes Chernobyl when he has to go out of the room.  Yesterday we played for a good half hour just Mali and I while Mark went to the market to buy water and she did great.  I think she's realizing that I am here to stay and she's slowly letting me into their twosome.  Two days ago we went to the the Gaungzhou Zoo and the Six Banyon Tree Temple.  We are lucky enough to have Mali blessed by one of the monks.  It was such very a special honor.  The Monk even blessed Mark and I.  The zoo was pretty cool.  We got up close and personal with lots of the animals, we even got to see a white tiger. Of course the living conditions were a bit small for my liking and the poor animals seem to pace back and forth.  We also visited the Pearl Market, where we had a set of pearls made for Mali for her 18th birthday.
Yesterday we had the oath taking ceremony at the American Consulate.  This was our last step in the adoption process.  We just wait for Mali's visa (which will be here today) and we are oficially free to bring her home.  As soon as Mali's feet touch down in LA she is an American citizen!  Last night we went on a cruise up the Pearl River.  It was pretty fun, especially the much needed bottle of wine I shared with a fellow mommy!  The view of the city was fantastic.  It was a great night.
Today we are planning to go to the island and do some shopping.  We need to buy an extra peice of luggage for Mali and to hold the many treasures we plan on bringing home.

Well, this will be my last post from China.  Next stop USA!

Our LOVE to you all!

5 comments:

  1. I love black pearls, I wish I would have bought some. I got sea pearls for my girls. Glad you are coming home to your routine and us to more picture of Mali. Take care and try to relax, coming home is the hardest part on the body.

    I love the pictures of her on her Daddy's shoulders. Those two have a connection. I can just see him as the years progress with his princess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad everything went well. Definitely understand the need for normalcy-the whole thing is a pretty wild ride. Good luck with the end of the journey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. brings back such great memories :) so glad you will be home soon and can't wait to see those updates!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It has been a delight to follow along as Mali has become part of your family. I'll continue to hold you all in my thoughts as you journey home. So soon, and she'll meet her incredible brothers! Please keep us posted after re-entry, when you have a chance. Bon voyage, all. xxxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heading home...oh happy day. The closing of one chapter and the opening of a whole new one. I am beyond happy for all of you.

    ReplyDelete