Wednesday, August 4, 2010

We're home!

Actually we have been home for 5 days now, but things have been a little busy around here and computer time is pretty limited. Other than both Mark, Mali and I battling some China virus and jet lag we are doing great! The 18 hour travel went well. I stopped counting the times Mark and I told each other "This will be over soon" after about the 63rd time. We had a lay over in Seoul and walked Mali around the airport to tire her out. There was an indoor play area and we found out she LOVES the slide. We finally land at LAX and I saw my boys and lost it. It was so good to be home! After a crash course in car seat installation, we hit the road for home. Mali hated the car seat and prefers the China mode of transport, which is sitting on your parents lap. When we pulled into the driveway I was prepared for mayhem with introducing her to the dogs, but to my surprise she walked in the house like she owned the place. She loves the dogs, adores the cat, and she thinks the turkey is creepy JUST LIKE ME!

So far Mali is loving her new life. She is a great sleeper and is slowly getting used to her new time zone. She is getting used to the new foods and tastes. So far she doesn't like scrambled eggs, yogurt and most meats except for bacon (but then WHO doesn't like bacon?).


Enjoy the deliciousness!



The first time she fell asleep on me. Swoon.

I love slides!

Trying out some new foods

I like Goldfishies the best!

8 comments:

  1. I love the photo of her on the slide...so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome home! If she likes bacon, she will probably love pepperoni and slim-jims, like our son. Try the egg in a form where it still looks like an egg-poached or boiled or deviled-and you can probably forget the yogurt for a little while, but if you really want her to have some, get the Danimals drinkable yogurt. Our yogurt is nothing like the yoga in China. Beijing is famous throughout the country for their yogurt, and it comes in tubes, boxes with straws, juice pouches, etc., but not with a spoon. It is smooth and mildly sweet-ours is either bitter or sickly sweet by comparison. Glad she loved the pets-our son did, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah! sounds like socal life is working for her. the pics are adorable. keep up the great work, mama!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for Bacon Bonding! And, so happy that you guys are home! I think about that touchdown & home airport experience a lot - I can only imagine the flood of relief and emotional reaction to being back. Hugs to you both and your sweet wee girl! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome home! I've been thinking about you all so often. The photos of her asleep in your arms and blissed out on the slide are priceless. It truly is a Love Feast to visit your blog. Again, welcome home, and I hope that you all are over whatever that bug was soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome home!!! Sounds like Mali is doing wonderful! I will be anxious to hear more about your trip. The jet lag coming home was far worse then on the way there - hope you get caught up on your sleep quickly. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah for a slide loving girl. And who doesn't love goldfish crackers?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just discovered your blog through FB and I'm catching up. Congrats. She's beautiful and it seems like all is going well. How fun it was to read your story while in China, reliving it all. We loved the Chinese food too, but also the comfort of Lucy's somehow. I ate grilled cheese everytime I ate there. Can't wait to keep reading!

    ReplyDelete