Friday, June 4, 2010

Happiness and a Care package




I was able to get a care package sent to Mali. I am so glad that I had the time to put together something really special for her. I made her a quilted "Lovey" out of soft fabric and Minky on the back. It is so soft! We slept with Lovey for a few days so hopefully she can recognize our "scent" when we meet her. In her care package I sent two outfits and one pair of jammies, two disposible cameras, a stuffed little Mouse (from Auntie Mamie), some laminated photos of her new family and some treats for the nannies and children. I really hope we get some photos back on the cameras!!

We got some tentative travel dates of Late July to early August. Just looking at airfares made it seem so real that this MAY JUST HAPPEN.

3 comments:

  1. If I'm this excited, I can't imagine how you all are feeling right about now. That lovey is lovely and you two are looking great, too. I am so honored to be watching all this unfold; it's all so astounding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will keep my fingers crossed that Mali gets her package soon and that you get a camera full of pictures back when you get there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi - I found your blog from RQ - looks like we are on a similar timeline, we were LOA on 5/24. Our girls are just 2 days apart in age! CONGRATS to you guys. Maybe we'll see you in Guangzhou! :)

    ReplyDelete